Fashion and music often go hand in hand, so we particularly love music videos with a heavy style influence. We wanted all the inspirational, glamorous, and fun clips in one place, so we’ve rounded up the most stylish videos of all time right here for your viewing pleasure. It was incredibly difficult to narrow this list down (plus Prince takes down all video clips from the internet-boo!), so please let us know what you think and which videos we missed!
1. Madonna – “Vogue” – It was hard to pick just one by Madonna (the clothing and makeup she wears in “Express Yourself” is so fab too) but “Vogue” just exudes style in the fashion, lyrics, and choreography like no other.
2. George Michael – “Freedom ’90” – The former “Wham” singer let supermodels Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, and Tatjana Patitz take over the video. Kate Moss recently said her biggest career regret was being too young to make the cut for “Freedom ’90.” We can’t blame her.
3. RuPaul – “Supermodel” – “You better work! Work it, girl. Do your thing, on the runway.”
4. Robert Palmer – “Addicted to Love” – Every year I want to dress up as Robert Palmer girls with my friends for Halloween. The slicked back hair, the red lips, the black pumps. So classic!
5. Michael Jackson – “Bad” – Obviously MJ’s leather jacket was killer, but who knew a gang in sneakers, jeans, and sweats could be so stylish you’d want to emulate their style and overall coolness?
6. Cyndi Lauper – “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” – Her dyed hair and thrift store style were totally unique, just like her. To all the pop stars who have shaved half their head? Cyndi did it first!
7. Janet Jackson – “Love Will Never Do Without You” – One of the best songs and videos ever. Shot by acclaimed fashion photographer Herb Ritts, who suggested Jackson wear jeans and a simple black top instead of a dress. The video co-stars mega hot actors/then-Calvin Klein models Antonio Sabato Jr. and Djimon Hounsou.
8. Lady Gaga – “Bad Romance” – Love her to hate her, the Alexander McQueen armadillo shoes, razor blade sunglasses, and Japanimation-style contact lenses proved she’s a major style risk-taker.
9. Right Said Fred – “I’m Too Sexy” – We loved this hilarious musical jab at the fashion industry which went straight to #1 in 32 countries. So sexy it hurts!
10. Gwen Stefani – “What You Waiting For” – The pop star’s obsession with clothing and Harajuku come to fruition in her first solo video.